Tuesday, February 10, 2009

HAI YAH!

Yesterday, I went for my second kenjutsu class, and I finally got my bokken! The bokken is the wooden sword, BTW. It's not as heavy as my sensei's, but still it looks lighter than it seems. My arms were sore from yesterday as my sensei was trying to teach me to shift footing while aiming a downward slice at my oppoenent's arms. After I did it three times with him, he asked me to do it on my own. While I was doing my fifth slash, my sensei's handphone rang! While he went off to answer the call (apparantly it was a BIG CLIENT of his), I kept on doing the down ward slash. 1, 2, SLASH, 1, 2, SLASH... you get the idea. Now repeat for 50 times, because my sensei didn't give me the order to stop!!! I kept doing that until he finally remembered me and signalled that I could stop slicing. My arms were sore for the remainder of the day. I also learned blocking and counter-slicing, though I'm not too good at it (me = clumsy!!!). Still, I hope to get better at it soon. I'll probably post up a pic of my bokken in my next post, so look out for it!

Now, here's a VERY important Way-Of-Ming note:

THINGS NEVER HAPPEN THE WAY YOU WANT IT.

The reason why I'm saying this is because I was very lazy last Friday, and I didn't work on my computer assignment at all. I thought I could do it yesterday night and finish it.

You can guess what happened.

Unfortunately my younger brother FallenShinobi had a PJK portfolio to finish about basketball. My older brother was asked to translate the entire entry about basketball in Wikipedia from english to BM, and voila! He asked me to help. Nothing annoys me more than figuring out what dribble is in BM, or digging out a dictionary to find the correct BM word for basket rim. To add to the cacaphony of the room, my older brother was playing Carmen the opera on his lappy, and Fallen was baring out his soul singing Breaking Benjamin.

In the end, I only started on my Computer Science assignment at 10.15 at night.

It was a real rush for me, because I was one hour behind. Thankfully there were my faithful college buddies who were always ready on the handphone or MSN to chat and listen to me rant about microprocessors, PDAs and lousy brothers.

In all honesty, I can't blame my brothers for my horrible predicament yesterday night, because it was mostly me who had done the wrong. Now I won't say BLAME, because it makes me feel bad. So I'll say that it was mainly my mistake to wildly assume that I had enough time to finish it properly. So maybe the ratio of who caused the problem is 80:20, with me taking 80% and my brothers taking 20%.

Either way I didn't get to finish it properly (I'm just left with the pictures, my references and my front page to do) because my mum came into the room at 12.45 a.m (yes, my SMKTD chums, I stayed up that late. T_T ) and kicked me out of the room and into my bed. So close and yet so far. Sigh. But like I said, it is 80% my mistake, and I have to take the consequences.

Anyway, I'm going off to finish the rest of my computer science assignment now. Let this be a lesson to everyone, including me, on the evils of procrastination, and let not anyone else be tempted into indulging in such cardinal sin. Ciao!

(BTW, if anyone is ever interested in anything to do with computers, check out Webopedia. It's 100 X better than Wiki.)

No comments:

Post a Comment